Mr C Korovilas -Year 5 Teacher
Mrs S Solway (Monday - Thursday) & Mrs S Murray (Mon, Wed &Friday)
Children Learning from Home
Here is some information for parents/carers with regards to supporting your child with their learning whilst at home. This information can be used as an aid alongside the weekly activity timetables in the Home Learning section.
- Reading With Your Child At Home
- 1 - 12 Times Tables
- Fun Activities To Do At Home
- Online Learning Resources 1
- Online Learning Resources 2
- Keeping Kids and Families Active When At Home
- School Prayer
- Free Subscription Websites for Parents
Year 5 Learning Pack
- Suggestions for supporting your Year 5 child at home
- Boxing-Up Plan
- Adding Fractions - Activity
- Multiplying 3 digit numbers by 1 digit numbers - Activity
- Polar Explorers - Knowledge Organiser
Additional Weekly Resources
Our Christian Value in Term 3 is Peace
Literacy Term 3
Our class book this term is Street Child by Berlie Doherty set in Victorian England, which is based on the true story of the orphan who inspired Dr Barnardo to set up his childrens refuge. The novel raises issues of poverty and child labour and discusses areas such as cruelty to children and others, injustice, resilience and humanity.
Maths Term 3
We have started off this new year and Term 3 by looking at Roman Numerals, we discussed what we already knew and understood and worked hard to convert 'Arabic Numbers' into Roman Numerals and vice versa, some were quite tricky!!