A very warm welcome to Avonmouth C.E. Primary School.
Avonmouth Church of England Primary school is situated in Avonmouth village and welcomes children from nursery through to year six. Please take a look through the information on the website. We are extremely proud of our school and are delighted to celebrate the successes and achievements of all members of our school community.
We have high expectations for all the children in our school, both academically and behaviourally, and strive to meet the needs of every child.
The PTFA have lots of exciting events and activities coming up. Please keep an eye on the PTFA page for details.
YEAR 5 & 6 CAKE SALE
Thank you to everyone who sent in donations and for your support in buying cakes. We raised £60 which the Y5 & 6 classes intend to put towards having an exciting science event later in term.
WORLD BOOK DAY
On Thursday 2nd March is is World Book Day. We are inviting the children to dress up as a book character for the day. We will also be holding two book events on the day:
- Book Swap - if children have a book in good condition at home which they no longer want, they can bring it to school to swap with another child. Children will be issued with a token when bringing a book to swap which they can use to get a different book at lunchtime. Please can parents ensure that children bring the completed permission slip before Thursday to avoid any confusion.
- Book Stall - we will be holding a book stall after school selling second hand children's books for amazing prices. If you'd like to donate books please give them to your child's class teacher. Money raised will be used to buy new books.
An education officer from the NSPCC led two assemblies for the children in Key Stage 1 & Key Stage 2. The assemblies, entitled 'Speak Out, Stay Safe', aim to provide children with the knowledge and understanding they need to stay safe from abuse and neglect. They are designed to help teach children about keeping themselves safe and provide an opportunity to talk with the children about any concerns or worries that may have and to recognise trusted adults that they can speak with. Children in Years 5 & 6 will be having a workshop next week to follow up.
In order to raise funds for the NSPCC children will be invited to come to school on Friday 10th March in non-uniform with a suggested donation of £1 for the NSPCC.
Latest School Events
- EYFS Forest School Event28Feb2017
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- World Book Day02Mar2017
- PFTA meeting. All welcome!08Mar2017
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm @ Dining hall.
- Non uniform day to raise funds for NSPCC10Mar2017
- Year 1 Celebration Assembly16Mar2017
9:05 am - 9:20 am